A quiet life in Tokyo away from the hustle and the bustle, if you don't mind having the main volcano erupt every five years or so.
Budget: JPY22,540 (~USD214)
Budget: JPY22,540 (~USD214)
- JPY13,080. Ferry, Tokyo < > Miyakejima (JPY6,540 one way)
- JPY6,000. Accommodations at Snapper/person.
- JPY3,500. Bike rental for 1.5 days.
- January 25-27, 2019
Anytime during the year!
- We based our itinerary in this awesome blog post.
- By Plane. Only flown by ANA, and the prices I see are around JPY12,000 one way. I don't really expect a sale or a discount.
- By Ferry. There's a 20% discount (or 15% for weekends) if booked 14 days prior, or booked online (new promo, so not sure how long that'll last). Schedule (only one per day), prices are provided below, as well as the corresponding rooms.
- Getting around - mainly via private car or bike rental.
- Bike rental rates here. It opens at 9:00am.
- Accommodations. Booked online, we used Snapper, which is AMAZING.
- Our host, Noda-san, covered our transport from the port to his hostel, where we slept until the bike rental place opened, and he drove us to the bike rental place near the port. The next day, he drove our things to the bike rental again (we biked to the bike rental place)
- Breakfast for two days is also covered. I cannot recommend his place enough.
- Not a lot of places to buy food from, so I would recommend bringing your own haha. Except breakfast. Breakfast at Snapper is like having breakfast at home.
- 09:13pm. Arrived at the port, bought our tickets (which I received via call ahead of time, so I just had to say my reservation number)
- 10:14pm. Started boarding the ferry.
- 10:40pm. The ferry went past the rainbow bridge! That was awesome. Either way we soon went it and slept.
- 07:00am ish. Arrived at the port in Miyakejima, where our hostel's owner, Noda-san, picked us up. We went to his place where we got to sleep, until the set time for breakfast. We napped, woke up for breakfast, then he drove us to the bike rental place.
- 09:30am. Arrived at the bike rental place.
- We then basically biked around the island until night. On our way back to the hostel, we stopped by a supermarket to buy food for dinner.
- 08:00am ish. Started our day. Had breakfast.
- 11:00am. Started biking back to the port.
- 12:30pm. Returned the bikes, bought some snacks at a nearby shop, and waited for the ferry.
- 01:34pm. Started boarding the ferry.
- 07:46pm. Arrived back to Tokyo!
|The cheapest class. Each person gets one small space with a small pillow. Bring your own blankets.|
|Passing under the rainbow bridge!|
|Bye Tokyo! We're now going to.... er... Tokyo.|
|Lots of terms before renting the bike.|
|Our first stop!|
|Whoa. Time to bring your date.|
|This is a mountain marker.... that we passed by... while biking.|
|A hidden torii.|
|Biking on the road. It was pretty chill, and for ascents, I just turn on the electric support.|
|Waiting at the top of the dam.|
|This was a surprise. They had these laces when saying good bye.|
|I wonder why...|
|The very comfortable boat.|
|Hey, main Tokyo!|