A hike in the middle of nowhere (I mean not surrounded by other trails), this might simply be a walk on the road, or it may not be. We'll see. Or not.
Budget: JPY4,360 (~USD42)
- JPY4,360. Train, Tokyo < > Yugawara Station (JPY2,180 one way)
Hike Date / Difficulty (Elevation: 626m / 2,054ft)
- Target: 2020
- Difficulty: 4 out of 5
- Route below is around 17.4kilometers, with an elevation change of ▲1,759m/ ▽1,760m (6h29m)
When to Go
Anytime during the year?
- Weather forecast: Japanese.
- This hike covers three summits:
- Mt. Shiro (城山), 563m
- Mt. Maku (幕山), 626m
- Mt. Tango (南郷山), 611m
- Yugawara Station (湯河原駅).
- Shiroyama-iriguchi (城山入口). This is one of the multiple bus stops, but as of writing (Jan. 2021), were closed. Not sure if it's permanent.
- Mountain huts.
- Paid. None.
- Free. None.
- Camping. None.
- 05:33am. Train, Tokyo to Yugawara Station.
- 07:52am. ETA: Yugawara Station. Start hike.
- 09:30am. ETA: Mt. Shiro (城山)
- 11:50am. ETA: Mt. Maku (幕山). One hour lunch.
- 01:45pm. ETA: Mt. Tango (南郷山),
- 03:29pm. ETA: Yugawara Station.