I went to Okinawa World exclusive for one thing: Seeing the cave the cave rife with stalactites that took hundreds of thousands of years to develop, and marveling at how I can just pay a small fee and walk in awe of them without having to crawl through mountains and caves.
Budget: JPY2,340 (~USD23)
- JPY1,040. Bus, Naha < > Okinawa World (JPY520 one way)
- JPY1,300. Entrance fee.
- March 4, 2017
Anytime during the year!
- Access. Public transportation friendly, google works. Google maps pin here.
- I say it's public transport friendly, but check the time. Depending on the time, it can be twice an hour, once an hour, or once every two hours.
- 03:12pm. Arrived at Okinawa World. Quickly bought my tickets and headed to the cave
- 03:20pm. Entered the cave. There was only one path to take, so I did.
- 03:44pm. Exited the cave, and headed out to the bus stop.
|Bought. my tickets.|
|Welcome to Okinawa World!|
|Heading down to the cave.|
|I was in awe.|
|If there's an earthquake, will these things fall and pierce me? Like a final destination movie?|
|Some part of the path was wet.|
|Good spots are well lit and had board explanations.|
|Pretty moist. No mold though. Huh.|
|Deer bone! Well marked for those who are not that good at recognizing bones.|
|Whoa. Can I take a dip?|
|Imagine soaking here.|
|The golden cup apparently.|
|Aaaand we're done!|
|Okinawa World has other things too. Like pineapple farm. I skipped the rest though.|