I'm hard pressed to call this a hike, but it's part of the hyakumeizan, so...
Budget: JPY10,140 (~USD95)
- JPY4,070. Train, Tokyo to Matsumoto Station.
- JPY4,070. Train, Matsumoto Station to Tokyo Station.
- JPY2,000. Bus, Matsumoto Station <> Nature Center.
Hike Date / Difficulty (Elevation: _m / _ft)
- Target 2020
- Difficulty: 0 out of 5.
- Route below is around 3.2kilometers, with an elevation change of ▲142m/ ▽148m
- PDF Map Link
When to Go
If you have a car, anytime during the year. Otherwise, buses seem to run from early June to mid-September.
- Mountain huts. Only paid ones (JPY13,000 per head, requires 4 people), and camping available at JPY1,000 per head, and if you look at this link, it looks pretty cozy. There are hotels in the area too.
- Access. Not the most accessible, but also not impossible.
- Train, Tokyo to Matsumoto Station.
- Limited express. JPY6,310, 194 minutes. Earliest to get there is 09:42am.
- Local train. JPY4,070, 285 minutes one way. Earliest to get there is 10:17am.
- Bus, Matsumoto Station to Nature Center. Website here (govt site) or here (location site). JPY1,000, 75 minutes one way, two buses a day.
- 08:15am. Bus, Matsumoto Station to Nature Center.
- 09:30am. Start hike.
- 09:50am. ETA: Summit.
- 10:26am. Back at Nature Center.